Wednesday, January 18, 2006

All you wish for and all you dream

Happy Hump Day!

And here's hoping that my mail-in ballot comes in time that I can actually mail it in. Does it count as being an apathetic, irresponsible citizen if it's the government's fault that I can't vote? And just to clear that up... I faxed in my registration the day after I got back to NYC and had all my paperwork with me to actually send. Faxed, not mailed, thus cutting down the amount of time it took to get there and expediating the process.

Anyways. The first day at the new job went well. Uneventful. I was only in the office for about an hour and a half--just learning some of the programs I'll be using and so on. I start full hours sometime in the next week or so.

Hmmm. Perks of my job? Free tickets, and I get to go to the opening night galas for this company's shows. Right now, Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead is playing (a Charlie Brown as a teenager kind of thing), and Barefoot in the Park opens shortly, and I get to do the whole opening night shindig for that one. Fun times.

Umm... what else? Not much. Can I just say how much I'm loving having my Wednesdays off, though? It's pretty fantastic, especially because it means that I can have a "normal" Tuesday night--I don't have to be in bed by 10:30, and that, right now, is a pretty sweet luxury.

However, tonight's Wednesday, not Tuesday, and I need to go to sleep, because 6:00 will come far too early tomorrow morning.


posted by Alida at 7:36 PM
9 comments

9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hon!! i followed the link off esther's blog to track you down! we need to conspire over esther's wedding shower and whatnot...gimme an email sometime!

M

8:59 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'd love to hear from you! I have tech meeting from 6-7:30, and I should be home after that. Do you have my new number? 536-0404. I have had the day from hell, and it keeps going. I'm away to bed.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! I AM GOING TO CRY!!! YOU GET TO SEE ELIZA DUSHKU!!!! I love her absolutely love her!!! I can't believe you get to work for the theatre doing that play.

*insert screaming*

Alida, Lids... please please please if you ever meet her can you please please get her autograph for me... I would owe you sooooooo huge! SOOOO HUGE!!

Oh! I am so jealous...

Oh tell me everything about the show and don't hold back I want details and I mean details... I want to know about the show... Also partly because we did Charlie Brown.... OMG!!!
I can't believe it!

And exasperated J

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's not excited or anything!

Mom

5:08 PM  
Blogger Alida said...

Janna--I was going to email you and let you know who was in that show... ;o) I'll let you know... I don't know if I'll get to meet her, or anything (that's already running, so I won't go to the opening party), but I'll still get to go see it.

Yeah--I was in the office today, and they were making some comments about something to do with the show, discussing Eliza and someone else, and all I could think was, "Janna would be freaking out right now if she were here!"

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alida, that's awesome about the internship. And a little birdie (aka Janna) told me that Eliza Dushku will be working at your theatre. *pause* How cool is that?!?!?! I hope that you're doing well.

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! I am sooooo freaking out. OMG!!! Alida for serious... I am so jealous but so glad it is you and not me... You saw me around Lucia... OMG.... as many details as you can get....
Oh Alida... enjoy the moment for me....

Yes, Mrs.Anderson... I am completely excited... I am more then excited.... I am.... I am....

Eliza-fied!
HA!

Oh man I am such a geek.
J

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are totally a geek, but I join in the geekiness because it's Eliza.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you know.... the love for Eliza is real. You know... you know all about it.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home