Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Music to my ears

I managed to go see two different concerts this Christmas, which, considering how busy I've been, is quite the accomplishment. I needed it, though--I needed to go see something that I wasn't involved in and that I could just sit back and watch. Centre Street did their show a week and a half ago, the weekend after Halo ran, and I got to see that, and then tonight I went to Foothills Lutheran's cantata. Both were excellent, and I'm still excited from that.

I also get tomorrow afternoon and Friday off work--it's kind of unexpected, although I've known about it since last Friday. So... not last minute, but I didn't know until then. I'm glad, though--it's good to have that extra time to get things done before Christmas. Before Saturday, especially. There just hasn't been the time lately--I even had to send my laundry home with Mom after a rehearsal, because the machines in my complex are only open from 9-9, and I was away from the house from at least 7-10 most days, so I had literally not had the chance to do laundry in almost three weeks.

And... what else? The Christmas show is over, which is good. As much as I wasn't ready for Halo to be over, I was ready for this one to be finished. It was good, but two tech weeks in a row was a lot. A lot. And now it's Christmas Eve stuff, but that's a lot less work than a big show--it's just a couple of rehearsals this week, and then three services on Christmas Eve, and the scene itself is just a couple of minutes long.

Anyway. I'm going to bed. I don't get to sleep in tomorrow morning--that doesn't happen until Friday.


posted by Alida at 11:05 PM
3 comments

3 Comments:
Blogger CC said...

"Anyway. I'm going to bed. I don't get to sleep in tomorrow morning--that doesn't happen until Friday."

Oops. Sorry! :/

12:09 AM  
Blogger Alida said...

Hee! No worries. It's always worth staying up a little later to talk to friends on the other side of the world. :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger CC said...

=)

Merry Christmas! Card's in the post!

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home