Thursday, November 16, 2006

Odds of faith in the face of doubt

Oops, I'm a couple of days late posting the link. Just GG thoughts this week; I didn't have my act together enough to get the VM stuff into my lj. Which is kind of funny, because by the time I'm finished writing everything I do for MI.net, I probably watch each episode of VM about 5 or 6 times before the next one airs. I just don't analyze it the same way. I pick apart the references and the details, as opposed to the characters and relationships, which is what I pick apart with GG (which I only watch about 3 times, on average, but I dissect it far more thoroughly), and that's what makes it into the more lengthy reviews on my lj.

On the grad school front... Applications are being sent out in T minus 14 days. That's the plan, at least. December 1. And I've gotten all the recommendation requests sent, the transcript requests done, the writing samples chosen, and the statement of intent written and edited once--waiting on a second edit now. I still have to look over and edit my writing samples and pull together my portfolio, but overall, I'm in a good place.

I've got some great friends who are helping with the statement of intent, which is probably the hardest part right now, but there are a few people who have been on selection committees for their own grad schools or who have resources through their universities and are helping me get it tweaked there.

I've got a tentatively planned trip to LA for an interview at CalArts at the beginning of February (hoping to book it before Christmas), and hopefully I'll be able to plan a trip to New York for Brooklyn College sometime soon, too.

Halo opens in two weeks; if you don't have tickets yet, go to Fire Exit's website to get more info and reserve the tickets.

And it's almost time for me to leave work and go out for coffee with Heather to discuss Christmas show stuff, so... I'm off.


posted by Alida at 10:49 AM
0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home