Thursday, January 26, 2006

No gingerbread, no safety net

So tomorrow morning, Allison and I are going to get together and discuss our small group. I'm really excited to do this book; it's been one that has really impacted me, and I'm excited to get more opinions and discussion on it. I think that our group will be quite small--there are only 5 of us, including Allison and me, so we'll be able to hang out and get to know each other really well, which is exciting.

The biggest group so far is (no surprise here) Blue Like Jazz. Definitely the Christian buzz-book for the past year. It's good, but it's the... I can't think of what I want to compare it to, though. Anyways, it's been one of the biggest books of the past year, so it's to be expected that it's one of the most popular groups.

Hmmm. It's been nice having my Tuesday nights--Kim and I have been hanging out, and that's been really great. I'll miss that once small groups start up again. I'm really looking forward to my group, but I have such limited time to spend with people that I miss having the chance to hang out with them.

Ah well... we're going next weekend to see "Safety" (I can't find a show or company website to link to for it...), and then hopefully she and her roommate Polly will come with me to see "Dog Sees God" sometime next week. Daniel, the company manager for DSG, was asking me today when I was planning to come see it... I'm just getting some people together... he made a point of telling me to bring people, which is cool. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to just be getting comps for myself, or if I could book 2 or 3 comps, and I guess that answers my question.

Today I was in both offices--church and Roy Gabay. Definitely prefer the whole office job thing to the whole food-service job thing. I'm finished writing my curriculum through this unit, which puts me at 3 weeks ahead. This one was pretty easy--we just took a curriculum that the staff had brought with them from their old church and tweaked it. Nothing too difficult there. We'll probably do that again, but I might write it a bit more than I did with this and make it more uniform, especially since I have more time to work with. So... yeah. That was my day. Running errands and working on the computer in both offices.

Oh yeah. And looking for a couch. I guess that they needed a couch for Barefoot in the Park (which I'm excited to see), so I spent a good chunk of time scouting out Ikea's couches (among other places) and phoning to see if it could be picked up tomorrow.

Exciting, n'est-ce pas? It kind of floors me, though, that I'm working on shows that have the kind of budget to buy a new couch (even a relatively inexpensive Ikea couch) specifically for the show. I have to pull up the ticket sales reports, too, and the numbers are completely out of the league of anything I've ever worked on before. Mind-boggling. But I guess that's what makes Broadway, well, Broadway.

Wow. Lots of links here. So if you're bored and need more things to do to procrastinate, you can just follow all my links, and it'll take twice as long as simply reading the entry would.


posted by Alida at 6:45 PM
0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home